Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 8

What's on the menu today?

Breakfast: 1/2 c frozen blueberries, 1/2c plain low-fat yogurt, 1/4 c Bear Naked low-sugar Vanilla Almond granola, 1 tbsp honey (5 Points)

Lunch: 1 serving of 3 Sisters casserole, as pointed out to me by the lovely vegan goddess Heather. I am in love with the casserole. The squash lends just the right amount of sweet, the polenta just the right amount of crunch... It is delicious! One sixth of the 9x11 pan yields one serving at 6 Points. I made it over the weekend and had a half-serving for breakfast on Sunday, which was a delightful start to my day. I highly recommend it. I have a whole serving tucked away for lunch today. Plus an orange.

Dinner: Chicken tacos. I have shredded taco chicken I made in the crockpot over the weekend. That plus 2 or 3 corn tortillas, shredded lettuce, diced tomato, hot sauce, onion, and avocado if I can hunt one down before going home. Unsure of the points til I see my portions, but I have plenty of room for the day.

Snacks: If needed, I have almonds and prunes at my desk. Will probably also have the coveted tablespoon of PB after dinner because... yum. As long as I have room in the plan...

2 comments:

  1. Everyone should make that casserole!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should make that casserole for me! It sounds so yummy!

    ReplyDelete