Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Giving In... Blogging It Up

Okay, I admit, I kind of miss blogging. My last one is being left in the dirt. I'm very much a "forget the past, move forward" kind of person - Yes, I've made umpteen stabs at losing my extra weight and yes, each of those attempts have ended in some degree of regain or I wouldn't be here, yet again. But you know, that doesn't matter. I've learned a lot. Every attempt teaches me something new about myself, something I can carry forward and use to inform my present travails. My failure to maintain doesn't define me, but rather my willingness to try again. No matter what happens, I will always come back.

I started this my current (and final?) journey towards a healthy weight on January 5, 2010. I weighed in at 206.2 lbs. I would like to see 150 on the scale just once in my life... The 140s would probably treat me well too. I am not going to say what my final goal is right now. How can I know? I haven't weighed that little since puberty. I don't know what it will look like on me, or how I will feel at those weights, so I will leave final goal-making up to a later date.

For now, we focus on leaving the 200s behind again.

Off to a good start! My WI this morning for Week 1 was 203.0, or a loss of 3.2 lbs. Hurray! Just need another one of those weeks and I'll be back out of the 200's.

About my plan:

I'm a former meeting-attending Weight Watcher, and I find it hard to leave WW habits behind. I briefly tried my hand at calorie counting but as always the numbers are daunting. I much prefer the simplistic Points system which only takes into account calories, fat, and fiber. I find it easy to eat a healthy balance of foods while counting Points, and I am not intimidated by the system as it is so familiar. So I am tracking my food and counting my Points but not attending meetings or using their online tools. I'm also back to walking 2 miles a day (to and from work total). Sometimes I'm a lunch-walker, sometimes I'm a living room-exerciser, sometimes I just do push ups and sit ups and planks on the floor before bed. Whatever works, right?

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you're blogging! Congrats on your week1 loss, that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete