Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 7! Finito! A whole week!

I can't believe I've followed through on completing the 30 Day Shred every day for 7 days. That's nuts! Wonderful of course, but wow - I've never been this consistent in pursuing exercise. Wa hoo!

Things I've noticed:
-My overall endurance has changed crazy amounts since day 1, when I couldn't even finish a single exercise properly.
-I can do pushups! Modified (knee) pushups, yes, but pushups nonetheless. Day 5 I did ten. Day 6 I pushed to 13. Today, 15. Day 1? Um, well, gee. Maybe a half of one?
-Cardio endurance is much better. I can go the required 2 minutes without stopping. That doesn't seem like a lot, but that first bit of cardio circut is the hardest, and until a couple days ago I had to resort to waving my arms around without jumping during jumping jacks.
-I've lost over 3lbs so far. I don't have an exact starting weight. I have a weight from Day 2, which was 206, and today I was 203. Tuesday is official WI day and also Day 10 of this so that will be a neat weight to see.
-My belly appears to be moving south. I think that's because I am losing from the top down, around the ribcage. I appear smaller to my eye, at least around my ribcage. Neat.

I think tomorrow I will move to level 2. I guess in theory it's set up to do 10 days of each level, but two things are pushing me to move forward: 1) I am getting a little bored with the same routine and 2) I need to work some different muscles. I still feel vaguely sore after each day but nothing like that fun burn after the first few... Okay, third reason: While level 1 is by no means easy, it does not feel like the challenge it did when I first started.

I can't believe I just said that. Level 1 doesn't feel like a challenge! It's tough. It burns. It makes me sweat and pant. But I know I can do it. No harm in trying 2, if it's too much I'll come back down. That's reasonable.

One other thing I've noticed this week - I am hungry every few hours, but when I eat, I can barely eat anything before I feel full. I don't know why this is and actually hope it passes. Today I ate at 4pm. By 6:30, I was starving for dinner. Gave myself a big bowl of soup and ate half of it before I had to put it down. I had, like, 100 calories of food out of it. Grr. Time to go eat a spoonful of peanut butter or something similarly high-cal and low-bulk to make sure I get my calories in for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment